Saturday, September 15, 2007

Korea v2

Today was the laziest day I have had in awhile. I slept till around 9.30am (Normally I wake up at 8am in Malaysia)

Beautiful Korea, Wonderful Immigration!?(Haha!)

Busan is the second largest city of South Korea. It also hosted the Asian Games in 2002. Busan is a city with many hills around. Roads are up and down and smaller than Seoul and Incheon roads. It is said that night life is best in Busan.
Busan
Autumn is announcing its arrival. It's been raining a lot since I reached here on thursday and temperature is running low. Even the rain drops here is different than in Malaysia. It's thin, tiny( I don't know if these are the correct description) and you can barely feel the drops. It's slightly cold for me, but the people, the weather is just nice.

Rice and noodles (along with Kimchee) are a central part of the diet here. But the fact is my quest for some nice food from home is eluding me. It's not to say there are not many fine local dishes-there are-but sometimes you just want a break from the new and opt instead for the comfort and familiarity of the old.

Because dark off-the-bone meat seems to be what Koreans prefer-at least as far as chicken is concerned- it's meant finding the kind of chicken I like has been almost impossible thus far. All the chicken meat is dark, one 'chicken'-topped pizza so much so that I actually doubted it was chicken at all. I could be the first time in known history that a person could look at a piece of unidentified meat and pronounce that in fact, it did not taste like chicken.

Learning English is quite popular in Korea, not least because some proficiency in the language is required to enter University, irrespective of the course of study.
I have been given quite a lot of work now(Start researching new microcontroller family). I have to start working. My Company is facing beach(Ohh no, bikini season was just over.)

For international student here, you must attend the korea language class once perweek.

0 comments: